Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Blog Journal #3

     Copyright is someone's protection and rights they have for their work. Copyright can be creative or intellectual and is supposed to assist with protecting one's work when wanting to distribute the work. Fair use is how far someone can go by using another person's copyrighted work without permission and they won't get in trouble. Different situations can be considered fair use, like when the copyrighted work is used for educational reasons, not all of it is used, the use of the work is not harmful, and the way the work is used all are important factors in determining if something is fair use or not. As a teacher, I would make sure that my own instructional materials are protected and won't be taken advantage of or stolen. So, I would become informed about the difference between fair use and public domain. I would ensure that whatever I or my students create is safe or that it is protected by copyright. 

    In my future classroom, I would solve technology implementation issues such as lack of funding and decreased productivity. To solve the lack of funding schools have to implement technology in classrooms, in school I would help hold fundraisers or ask that the principal reorganize funding so that we could have technology in the classroom. Also, I would protest for the state to better fund schools rather than spend money on less important issues or for the school to reconsider where the money is going. For example, we can cut on things we do not need in the school like a new paint job or other superficial wants. Regarding the supposed decreased productivity problem with implementing technology, in my future classroom, I will only allow students to be on tablets for a short period and not use them all the time so they can be focused while in class and engaged. Also the technological devices they will be using in my future classroom will most likely not have anything distracting, only educational items to ensure that the students are productive in class. 

    I learned a lot of new skills from working on the Newsletter Design assignment. For instance, I learned how to create a shaded object like the permission slip and how to format the newsletter with two columns. I think I would make my newsletter more concise and colorful in the future. Also, I would probably include more information about what the lessons for the month will be about. I can use the skills I learned from the assignment to make more newsletters for my future students when I become an elementary teacher. I would use the skills to create other visual and informative papers I need to make for my students.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Journal #9

      I experienced distance learning throughout this year and during my junior year of high school. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, half of m...