Thursday, September 22, 2022

Blog Journal #4

     I chose the standard for first grade. The LAFS.1.W.2.6 standard implies that teachers implement technology in the first-grade classroom through hands-on activities where the students can interact with the technology. The standard emphasizes that students use technology for class assignments with the teacher's assistance if needed. I feel prepared to implement this standard with my current skill set. The standard provides some ways I can implement the technology also I think I know a decent amount about how to work technology in schools and I think by the end of EME2040 I will have more experience with technology in the classroom so implementing the standard would not be a problem.

    The CPALMS standard I chose was for first grade ELA about identifying and describing the main story elements in a story. I think I can use these resources to help teach the standard ways. The resources provide lesson plans and tutorials that I can implement in the class. For instance, one of the lesson plans provides examples of some questions to ask the students to make them think through Model Eliciting Activities. So, I can use these resources to assist me in making sure that the students develop the standards and maybe take some inspiration from the resources and create my own classroom activities. 

    It is important to be a proficient internet searcher as a teacher because being a proficient internet searcher can help when trying to look up ideas for lesson plans or class activities in a narrow search. I think I will be using the google advanced search for an exact match, combining searches and narrowing down google image searches. I will use these internet searching skills the most in the future because I think they will help and make it easier for me to find what I specifically want to search for. There weren't any internet searching skills that weren't introduced in the course material this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Journal #9

      I experienced distance learning throughout this year and during my junior year of high school. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, half of m...