Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Blog Journal #9

     I experienced distance learning throughout this year and during my junior year of high school. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, half of my sophomore year and all of my junior year in high school was distance learning where we had online zoom classes. Also, during this year in the summer semester, I took online classes, and now I have online asynchronous classes. I like how I feel less pressure through distance learning than being in person in class. Distance learning seems more relaxed and is more convenient in my college classes. I disliked most of my distance-learning experience during high school during the pandemic because I got distracted easily and did not feel like I learned much. In my online college classes, there is not much I do not like except that it is difficult to understand some concepts when you are not in real-time and can ask questions and get an immediate answer. Distance learning makes it harder to connect with teachers and understand what is being taught all the time. When I become a teacher, I will try to provide helpful resources, make the instructions for assignments as clear as possible, and be available to help them whenever they need it through distance learning.  

    Open educational resources (OER) are resources that teachers and students can use without having to worry about the copyright or paying for the materials because they are in the public domain. I found an article about a college student who implemented OER at Boise State University. The news article states how the college student Graf Kirk came into contact with Shannon Smith, the librarian at Boise State. Shannon Smith assisted Graf Kirk in pursuing his goal of creating accessible and affordable OER for college students as a way to help with the cost of textbooks nowadays. OER News Article

    Working on Assignment 4 taught me a lot of new things about different components in PowerPoint. I learned how to create my own slide layout and how to add footers to appear on the printed slides. Also, I learned how to save the PowerPoint into a ppsx. or PowerPoint show. I liked the PowerPoint template I used for Assignment 4 and I liked how the lesson structure came out. However, I wish I added more information about the lesson and less information on the PowerPoint slides. Next time I will try to have the slides as a reference and maybe choose a topic that has more information that I could teach. Assignment 4 Screenshot:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Journal #9

      I experienced distance learning throughout this year and during my junior year of high school. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, half of m...