Thursday, October 13, 2022

Blog Journal #7

     I looked at the school website for my high school and one of my teachers, Mrs. Slater, pages on the website. On her page, she included course descriptions for the classes she teaches along with the certifications that will be satisfied once completing the courses. Also, there's a list of Remind codes for each period of her classes and links to important files needed for the classes. Her page also has different tabs which include the calendar for the school year, photo album, specific pages dedicated to the classes she teaches, and links to other information like her email.

Mrs. Slater's School Page








    I envision myself having a similar layout to Mrs. Slater for my page on my school's website. I plan on utilizing technology to help parents contact me efficiently so students can find resources needed for my class on my website just in case they miss class or do not get the information during class. I will use blogger, or something similar that has everything for my class, maybe my own website for the class that has all the information needed. I would also implement tools like Schoology, Remind, or Edmodo, for class announcements and assignment submissions. 

    I liked using Canvas for Assignment 2. Canvas made it easier for everything to be on the same page without having to go through extensive measures to make sure everyone has access to the Wiki page. Also, I liked how through Canvas we were able to work on a Google Doc through the collaborations page instead of having to create our own separate Google Doc by retrieving everyone's email. I liked how everything was in one place when using Canvas for Assignment 2. I disliked how we could not customize our Wiki page that much with different colors or images, but overall Canvas was a convenient and efficient way to work on Assignment 2 as a group. I would use Canvas for my future students for assignment submissions or as a calendar for the students to keep track of when homework is due. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Journal #9

      I experienced distance learning throughout this year and during my junior year of high school. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, half of m...