Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Blog Journal #6

     I like Diigo, it makes it easier to share with others the articles I find interesting through a Diigo group. I like that Diigo allows me to annotate the website and highlight different sections if I want to. I like how organized Diigo is where it collects all the shared articles and comments made by a person together in the group and how there a tags under the Diigo posts to help others know what the shared article might be about. Also, I like that Diigo can be added as a Google Chrome extension, to make sharing websites and making annotations easier for people. There was not much that I disliked about using Diigo, except that maybe the website could be a little easier to navigate and less cluttered in the Diigo groups.

    Blogging has been fun so far, it feels as if I actually have a blog that is not school-related and is shared with the world to see. Blogging is a new experience for me, but I like how I could customize my own blog page with different gadgets and templates. I like that I can easily access others' blogs too and that my blog posts are automatically saved and can be changed if needed. There is nothing I do not like about blogging yet, if my blog posts were not school-related I probably would like it more, and blogging feels like I am posting on social media. I learned how to create and edit blog posts and how to create my own blog website. I also learned how to insert different gadgets like my Twitter feed and Creative Commons License. 

    A Web 2.0 tool that I would incorporate into my classroom would be Schoology. I want to primarily teach Reading Language Arts to elementary students so I think this tool would help enhance in-class activities and overall efficiency for students to have access to assignments and announcements. Schoology allows teachers to create posts that students can comment on. Students just need to sign up for a Schoology account or their parents can create one using their email. Then, teachers need to create an access code for their class and once students download the app or go to the website and enter the access code, they have access to the teacher's Schoology page. Schoology also lets teachers upload files for assignments and for the assignments to be graded through the tool. Schoology helps students interact with each other and the teacher through posting and commenting. Schoology

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Journal #9

      I experienced distance learning throughout this year and during my junior year of high school. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, half of m...